Causes of obesity:
Obesity is the condition characterized by the excessive deposition of the fats in the body that harms the health of an individual. It is said to be the outcome of the imbalance between the energy intake and energy use. The most hazardous fact about obesity is that it makes us prone to various other health problems like diabetes, blood pressure, and heart disorders.
The main causes of the obesity are as mentioned below:
- The first cause of the obesity is the excessive weight gain. If you are gaining the weight out of control then there are 90% of the chances of suffering with the obesity.
- Excessive intake of the fatty food items is another cause of obesity that leads to the abnormal increase in the weight that further on leads to the obesity.
- Lack of physical activity is one of the main reasons behind the occurrence of the obesity in many young people. The kind of jobs that we do today doesn’t include sitting at one place, which increases the chances of becoming obese.
- Inadequate sleep can be one of the reasons contributing to the obesity. If you sleep very less, then your body doesn’t get a time to digest the eaten food items properly. This results in the accumulation of the unsaturated fats in the body that cause weight gain and result in obesity.
- Intake of some drugs may result in obesity. Antidepressants are medications that affect the digestion and nervous system of the person thus causing the obesity in an individual. Steroids increase the deposition of the fats, proteins, and carbohydrates in the body that unknowingly leads to obesity.
- Increased stress levels cause obesity in many individuals. Cortisol is the hormone released due to excessive stress that increases the appetite of the person. Thus, is known to cause obesity in many people.
- Obesity is also found to be hereditary in many cases. Yes, as per the many research reports obesity is caused by genes. The offspring of the obese parents has double the chances to suffer with the obesity.
- Drinking excessive amount of alcohol is one of the newly noted causes of obesity. The people who drink regularly suffers with the excessive weight gain problem due to the improper functioni
ng of digestive system caused by the alcohol. This results in the obesity.
- Hormonal imbalance causes obesity. The disturbance in the hormonal levels specifically the testosterone in men and progesterone in women results in the disturbance in the overall body functions that results in the fatness and further on causes corpulence (obesity).
- Smoking the tobacco has been recently being linked to the obesity. The people who smoke a lot generally suffer with the excessive weight gain due to the disturbance in the digestive system. As a result excessive weight gain occurs. Even hormone levels in the smokers are also abnormal. These all things contribute together to cause obesity.
These are few most common causes of obesity that are found in the maximum number of obese patients.